Looking ahead to the next few years, we are working on developing a few new areas:
- In the next year, secure 71 conservation properties and steward all our lands and waters.
- With support from The W Garfield Weston Foundation, hire a new senior scientist.
- Publicly launch the $750-million Landmark Campaign.
- Renew our federal partnership and secure new provincial matching funds.
- Grow our private sector major gift efforts by an additional $5 million.
- Add another 200 Nature Legacy Society members to Canada’s best planned giving program.
- Host seven NatureTalks events.
- Invest in our digital infrastructure — the systems that help our team do their jobs more effectively.
- Build new partnerships with land trusts, the ranching community and forest and mining companies in support of privately protected areas.
- Determine how best NCC might support the creation of Indigenous Protected and Conserved Areas.
All this is in addition to our continued focus on protecting Canada’s biodiversity.